¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Friday, December 10, 2010

ASD Elementary Cross Country 2010

This year I had the pleasure of helping and coaching the elementary cross country team at ASD.  It was made up of grades 2-5.  We met twice a week for an hour to run and have fun!  On December 5, we headed to the Doha Golf & Country Club to race against 11 other teams from around Doha.  We were able to take 10 girls and 10 boys to the meet.  Even though we did not come in the top finishing places, I know both the students and the other coaches learned a great deal and enjoyed the day.  The weather was perfect and we had a great number of parents come out and support their runners!  We were so proud of the students that came every practice and made the commitment to work hard!  I know that I already have some better ideas for next year and I am looking forward to it as well! 

And they are off...
What a good looking team!
Some of the grades 3-5 boys!
Three of them are my students!
Go Dragons!
Warming up and stretching with Miss Trish!

Still stretching...
Getting ready for the big race.

There they go!  They made so many improvements!
A great day for a race in Doha!

No comments:

Post a Comment