¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Saturday, March 12, 2011

ASD 4/5 Track & Field 2011

Last weekend was an extremely busy one!  Before I was ever to sit back and enjoy myself at Guitar Odyssey 2, I headed to Al-Khor (about 50 kilometers out of Doha) with the 4th and 5th grade elementary track team.  We had been training and practicing since the beginning of February.  It  was really fun to be able to be with the kids outside of the classroom.  I also got to know lots of new faces!  We did not come in first place, but we did not come in last either.  There were 14 schools that participated and we came in 7th overall.  I was really proud of all our participants.  Some were given the chance to compete for the first time!  I know the kids and parents had a great time.  I mean, they did get to get out of school early!  Here are some pictures from our big day!
I rode with the 4th graders.
Some 4th graders excited about their big day!
This was my second time out of Doha.  There is the desert for you folks!
Another view of the highway and the vast stretch of SAND!
Getting ourselves settled into our spot before the meet.
Some 5th graders talking with the other coach.
The 5th grade girls 600 meter race.  Our girl eventually came in 2nd!
Sites and sounds on the field.
Once the meet really got going, I had very little time to take pictures.  We had athletes going in every direction!
Waiting for the final team results!
It was a long, but satisfying day!
Congratulations ASD Dragons!  I am proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment