I was so excited when I received this information. However, since it was the fist one, I was a bit skeptical because one never knows how things will turn out in Doha. I was pleasantly proved wrong. This was such an amazing event and Katara and the embassies of Latin American brought some very impressive groups to perform in Doha. I had the pleasure of attending four different events and here is a little peak at what happened throughout the week...
1st Latin American Cultural Festival
October 6-15, 2011
Valley of Cultures
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach
![]() |
| This group from Cuba was abosultely amazing. They played some of my favorite songs by Buena Vista Social Club! |
![]() |
| This group from the Dominican Republic really brought back memories from Honduras. I was merengued out by the end of the night! |
![]() |
| I loved this guys red pants... |
![]() |
| Cheo Hurtado from Venezuela. He is one of the most celebrated performers of the cuatro. He also plays the mandolin, bandola and guitar. |
![]() |
| There is a large population of Venezuelans in Doha so this group had a nice turn out for their concert. |
![]() |
| I had been looking forward to this performance all week. The Tango Metropolis from Argentina did not disappoint. |
![]() |
| I was absolutely memorized by this group... |
![]() |
| The closing show was Jorge Ben Jor and his group from Brazil. |
![]() |
| He is one of the biggest stars of the Brazilian music scene and he was fabulous. |
![]() |
| I was not aware of the large Brazilian population in Doha and it was just as much fun watching the crowd as the concert! |
![]() |
| Brazil has made it's way to the top of my travel list, but first to learn a bit of Portuguese... |
![]() |
| For people who say there is nothing to do in Doha, I beg to differ... |




















No comments:
Post a Comment