I will openly admit that I get a little frazzled about such days because I feel that I am so horribly bad at thinking of ideas. I mean this is why I can never think of anything for Halloween! I freeze up! I can never think of anything that I have at home that I could use for a costume.
I was expressing my concern and sadness of being "sin ideas" at yoga class on Tuesday evening and some of my wonderful yogis made it so simple. One of our wonderful secretaries at school just looked at me ever so calmly and said, "Be Frida." It was a fantastic idea! Why I had never thought of this before, I will never know!
Frida Khalo is one of my favorite artists. She was Mexican and I of course teach Spanish. Furthermore, I had everything at home to transform myself into this fascinating famous person...
Is there any resemblance?
I had so much fun talking about her with my classes and they were actually interested!
"I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." --Frida Kahlo
I will say that I got many funny looks at school, but it was well worth it. My principal even said, "Wow. Nice brow."
"I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best." --Frida Kahlo
Frida Khalo was married to the famous muralist, Diego Rivera. They had a very interesting marriage to say the least. He painted two very famous murals in Detroit, Michigan.
"I hope the leaving is joyful; and I hope never to return." --Frida Kahlo





No comments:
Post a Comment