My 2012 ended with a bang as I was able to visit my cousin Rob and his family in Okinawa, Japan! I was so grateful to spend the holiday season with family while also being able to explore a new place. It can be difficult to be far away at this time of year, but I was able to have an extremely wonderful time in Okinawa. I had such a nice combination of relaxation and fun and adventurous activities.
It was also quite interesting to return to Japan after more than 10 years. Japan was my first trip overseas right after I had finished eighth grade in 1998.
Here are a few of my favorite memories from Christmas and New Years in Okinawa...
 |
| Santa made it to Okinawa! |
 |
| Christmas Eve fun with Ryan, Brendan, and Moira. |
 |
| Merry Christmas from Okinawa! |
 |
| Having a Christmas morning treat of hot chocolate! |
 |
| Doing some exploring with my buddies... |
 |
| Octopus balls... |
 |
| Having fun at Okinawa Land. |
 |
| Okinawa is known for its beautiful blown glass. |
 |
| Moira and I at Okinawa Land. |
 |
| Okinawa Land. |
 |
| Beautiful beach in Okuma! |
 |
| The water was just amazing. |
 |
| The brave kids in the water with their new wetsuits. |
 |
| Sunset in Okuma. |
 |
| Sunny day on the beach! |
 |
| Great view! |
 |
| Go Qatar! Headed to the aquarium. |
 |
| Watch out for the sharks! |
 |
| Brothers during lunch. |
 |
| Just Dance on New Year's Eve. |
 |
| Exploring in Naha. |
 |
| Fun in Naha! |
 |
| Lunch with Kate, Moira, Brendan, Rob, and Ryan. |
 |
| Can't go to Japan with some karaoke! |
 |
| Missing my buddies! |
 |
| B, Ryan, and me... |
 |
| Shisa fun... |
Great videos from a great trip to Okinawa...
No comments:
Post a Comment