¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Friday, March 22, 2013

Guitar Odyssey 4

Guitar Odyssey is one of my favorite nights of the school year here in Doha as it is a great way to get people together for a great cause.  I am always excited to see what musicial talent comes out during the night!

This was the fourth year for Guitar Odyssey and I have had the pleasure of attending all but one of them.  This night is in support of the Shahen Scholarship Fund.  Mike Shahen was a former principal at ASD and sadly passed away a few years ago due to Lou Gehrig's Disease.  I never knew Mr. Shahen, but I think it is quite remarkable how the school community continues to help support his family.  This year Guitar Odyssey 4 raised 25,730 QR or $7,049.31 USD for the Shahen Scholarship Fund. 

Here are a few videos from the night (please excuse my obnoxious laughing and hollering...it gets progressively worse).  As you will see, it is a very fun night with many good laughs:







Who knows what Guitar Odyssey 5 will have in store for us...
Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment