¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Saturday, February 26, 2011

ASD Dragon Triathlon

Yesterday I was able to help out and volunteer at an amazing ASD event:  The Dragon Triathlon -- Just Tri It 2011!  One of the lower elementary P.E. teachers organized the event and with lots of wonderful help it was such an amazing success.  I have to admit that I was even choked up as the last participant crossed the finishing line.  I think it was a such a great opportunity for people of all ages.  There were adults that participated as well as children as young as four and  five.  It was great seeing some of my students out there trying their best and having a great time.  If this becomes an annual event, I hope to participate next year!  Here are some pictures from this amazing day.

The t-shirts all the volunteers wore.  The participants received white ones.
Preparing for the big day.
Some of the registration helpers.
The bike area.
The youngest age group in the pool (0-5 years).
Again, the youngest age group doing their laps.
Bikes of all shapes and sizes.
More registration help.
Ben (the teacher who organized the triathlon) starting the biking leg of the race.
More participants and their bikes.
The finish shoot.
I had the pleasure of being out on the run course to cheer the athletes on for the final stretch!
The track was used as part of both the bike and run course.  We had a lot of help from the Air Force and Army volunteers!
Part of the run course.

No comments:

Post a Comment