¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hillary's Adventures in Doha

It was great to have a wonderful friend visit last weekend.  Hillary and I spent a year together in Peace Corps Honduras.  She finished in August of 2010 and since then has been traveling around Southeast Asia.  I was lucky enough to make her list of stops.  She had to stop in Doha on her way to England and decided to extend the layover.  We had a grand time bouncing around Doha and enjoying the wonderful weather!  Here are some shots of our adventures.  As always, I had difficulty picking out which pictures to post...

A lovely night at the souq.
One of the restaurants at the souq.
Look at all the choices...
Hillary enjoyed the pet section of the souq.  I tend to avoid it.
After all of our shopping we enjoyed a great dinner at the Lebanese restaurant.
Hillary was nice enough to give me her pictures.  She got some shots that I normally don't think to take.  Fanta in Arabic!
I took Hillary on a mini tour of my school.
Hillary and I with the Doha skyline in the background.
Unlike me, Hillary is not afraid to talk to strangers and found a very nice man to take our photo!
The big pearl on the Corniche.
Fancy mall at the Pearl.
A view along the Pearl.
Inside Villagio mall.  Let's take a ride on the gondola.
The flowers are so amazing along the Corniche right now.
Happy to be in Doha!

Heading up the walk way to the Museum of Islamic Art.
The MIA.
Hillary out on the terrace at the museum.
On the terrace outside.
Inside the museum.
An amazing shot of the ceiling!
Enjoying more of the flowers on the Corniche.
Doha skyline in the background.
We head back to the souq for a little more shopping.

Always lots to see...
The big pearl and the Doha skyline at night!
Looking back the Islamic Cultural Center and the souq.
Thanks for a great weekend Hillary!

No comments:

Post a Comment