¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dhow Trip

Like I was saying before, last weekend was non-stop!  On Saturday, lots of people from work headed out on a dhow to help celebrate a coworker's birthday!  A dhow is a traditional Arab sailing vessel.  In Doha, you can rent these big wooden boats for the day and enjoy some time on the Persian Gulf.  It was a beautiful day!  We had great food and great company.  All in all, a great day for a boat ride!

Ready to shove off and head out into the big water!
After we were out near an island, the boat stopped and some of us took the plunge!
Who was that?
There she is!  I think I was complaining about the cold water...
Alli, Kristin, and Abbie.
Enjoying the day with great friends!
The neighboring dhow.
Qatari flag.
Lots of smiles going around...
You can somewhat see the Doha skyline through the sand.  It was a windy day!
Krista, Sanam, and Alli.
Lauren, Klara, and Kari.
Starting to head back to Doha.
More of the sandy skyline!
It started to get a bit chilly.
Sanam and I.  I get to go to her wedding in Thailand!  :)
I enjoy that view.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. wow looks like such a great time. I want to go on the wooden ship too when I come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete