¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Zoo Trip

We are nearing the end of the school year and I have been on a blogging hiatus lately.  Some days it seems like there is just not enough time in the day!  I am getting very anxious to spend the summer in Michigan with my family.  I am also very excited to be able to see all the GREEN!

However, before we get to summer, let me back track to the middle of April.  There are some really amazing things that go on here at ASD and I try to capture most of them!  On April 18, I had the pleasure of being able to go on a field trip with the fourth graders to the Doha Zoo.  I had not been before and I jumped at the opportunity.  The fourth graders were finishing up their unit on ecosystems and with the help of some high school students, they were able to participate in a variety of different activities related to the animals and their habitats!

Here is a quick glimpse of my stellar group of fourth graders and our morning at the zoo!  Almost all of them are my Spanish students!  Thanks for a great day! 

My group for the day!
Working together to lift the box of dirt...
Learning about camouflage and playing a new version of tag.
Me encantan las jirafas...
Keeping busy at the elephant station.
Learning more about decomposition at the elephant station.
Learning about migration through a fun game!
We had some spectators at this station...
Las cebras and the Aspire Tower.
Me encantan las cebras...
Being great listeners at the zebra station.
Watch your fingers!  Eeks!
Getting one more group shot with the oryx before we head back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment