
On January 26, 2013, the first-ever Qtel Marathon took place. As quoted by the website, "it was a smash hit success, with more than
1,200 people participating and scores of families and friends cheering
them on."
I wouldn't say it was a smash hit, but it was organized fairly well for a first time event. I also did not see many spectators on this early morning. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the course along the water for the 10K and the weather was great! The 10K course was a bit long at 10.6 kilometers, but after figuring my time for the 10K distance, I realized I ran a PR for this distance. This was a great way to redeem myself from my prior 10K race as it did not go very well.
Three races actually took place: a half marathon (21.1 km), a 10km race, and 1km fun run for children under 18. The races took place along Doha’s scenic Corniche, starting at the Museum of Islamic Art.
You can see the race results here: Qtel Marathon Results
![]() |
| I won an iPad! I have never won anything like this and just for running a race! Very cool! |
| It is always great to share a day like this with some great friends and colleagues. |

Great job Katie!! I was hoping you would tell the story about how you didn't get your iphone! Oh well you did get a PR and that tops all! love you, Mom
ReplyDelete