¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Friday, November 12, 2010

My Ever Growing Arabic Vocabulary

In celebration of the start of our second Eid Break, I wanted to share the words and/or phrases that I have learned in Arabic since arriving in Qatar.  Thanks to the wonderful Arabic teachers that I work with in the elementary, I have learned something.  I wouldn't say that it is anything to brag about, but little by little... :)

Eid Mubarak Everyone!
  • Shukran- Thank you
  • Sah - Right
  • La - No
  • Habibti – My love
  • Habibi – My love
  • Masalama – Goodbye
  • Kareem – Generous
  • Mubarak – Bless full, peaceful, happy
  • Yalla – Let’s go
  • Ana – Me
  • Marhaba – Hello
  • Ismi… – My name is…
  • Mabrouk – Congratulations
  • Kaifa al hal? – How are you?
  • Bikheir – Good
  • Halas – Enough
  • Omri sabaa wa eshrin – I am 27 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment