¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Trip to the Desert

I have been in Doha for almost seven months and I finally made it out of the city and into the desert!  It was a such a beautiful day to share with some great people and enjoy the wonderful outdoors!

Here are a few snippets from our great day...

Kristin, Kari, and Julie
Letting some of the air out of the tires before we hit the dunes!
Go Qatar!
Getting ready to hit the dunes!
This is what I need to try out on my next trip...
Sand...
Just like Lake Michigan, with just a little more sand... ;)
YEAH!
The girls.
As you can see, these dunes see a lot of traffic.
Looking across the water at Saudi Arabia.
Thumbs up! 
Sandboarding is so much better than snowboarding.  It doesn't hurt when you fall...
The gang:  Scott, Julie, Kristin, Kari, & Stephan.
JUMP!
Julie playing in the sand.
Making the climb to do some sandboarding and enjoy the view.
The pro.
Relaxing and enjoying the view.
As we were leaving, it was getting very busy.
I still need to ride a camel one of these days...

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day!! Your pictures were amazing! How I miss the warm sun these days:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete