¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Run for the Ring 5K @ Texas A&M Qatar

One reason why I have liked living in Doha this year:  I can win races! ;)

Two weekends ago, I had the pleasure of running in another race at Education City in Doha.  It was sponsored by Texas A&M Qatar and ASD was well represented.  It was only a 5K, but I had not raced a 5K in a very long time.  I had also stayed up quite late the night before and I was anxious to see how long it would take me.  I was pleasantly surprised as I ran a 20:46.  This was only about 10 seconds slower than my fastest 5K time, which I ran when I was 18 years old.  I guess these older legs can still move from time to time.  I did come in first for the women and fourth overall.  I think it was said that about 100 people ran the race.  Again, it was a great day to share with some great friends from work.  There were many people that ran PRs for the day and a hand full that were running in their first race ever!  I have always enjoyed the environment and vibe of races such as these.  After the race a few of us enjoyed a delicious breakfast at Bread and Bagels.

Photos are courtesy of Kari Detwiler and Stephan Beck...
The ASD group!
Another shot of the ASD crowd.  Like I said, well represented.
I really like this photo of the start.
And we are off...
Kari and Karli running the race.
My friend Aaron finished first.
Katie crossing the finish line...

No comments:

Post a Comment