¡Deja que el mundo te cambie y podrás cambiar el mundo!

Let the world change you and you can change the world!

--Che Guevara

Friday, March 23, 2012

ASD Dragon Triathlon...take two...

I think this is one of my favorite events at ASD!  Last year was the first ASD Just Tri it Dragon Triathlon.  I remember being so tired and exhausted afterwards both physically and emotionally.  This year was just the same.  This year the triathlon happened on March 9 and we could not have asked for better weather for the participants.  I mean, I was still cold, but I think that goes without saying.  I still volunteered out on the run course and I loved being able to cheer the adults and kids on as they were about to finish the triathlon.  I think I am going to have to be a racer next year and see what all this triathlon fuss is about... :) 

Here you can see what happened last year:  http://katiehouston.blogspot.com/2011/02/asd-dragon-triathlon.html

Here are a few of the shots from the big day this year...
The many volunteers and participants starting to arrive.  We had to be at school by 6:30 AM on a Friday! (That's our weekend for all of you North Americans.)
Dropping their bikes and other gear off in the transition area...
Even the big puppy dog came to cheer on his friends...
A few of the great volunteers for the day!
Tasty treats at the finish line...
Speaking of the finish line, here is the new banner for the triathlon!  Doesn't it look great?!?!
And the swimmers for the 15+ age group are off!
They had to swim 300 meters.
Mr. Manley was the first out of the pool...
Sitting on my perch and waiting for the first runners to come by.
Mr. Manley is still in the lead and he won the whole thing!
Renee about to finish her first triathlon.  Her two kids also participated!
One of my 5th grade students about to finish!  Good job!
Smile...
One of my old students finishing up the race with his mom cheering and helping him on!
Another one of my 5th grade students!  Way to go!
Nash wants a turn too...
Baby Nash running away with the helmet...
 What a great day!  Go Dragons!

No comments:

Post a Comment